Disney officially announces new additions from Fox Studios once the deal officially goes through.
The deal will in part see the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters at Marvel, with other properties at Disney such as James Cameron's Avatar.
Here is the info:
The Walt Disney Company Announces Additions to its Studio Entertainment Management Team, Conditional Upon Closing of 21st Century Fox Acquisition
Emma Watts to serve as Vice Chairman, Twentieth Century Fox Film and President, Production, Twentieth Century Fox
Nancy Utley and Stephen Gilula to serve as Chairmen, Fox Searchlight Pictures
Elizabeth Gabler to serve as President of Production, Fox 2000
Andrea Miloro and Robert Baird to serve as Co-Presidents, Fox Animation
Vanessa Morrison to serve as President, Fox Family
BURBANK, Calif., October 18, 2018â€”The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) announced that several senior film executives of Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (â€ś21st Century Foxâ€ť â€”NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) are joining Disneyâ€™s Studio Entertainment management team, conditional upon closing of Disneyâ€™s pending acquisition of 21st Century Fox.
â€śWeâ€™re pleased that these talented executives will be joining our incredible team of studio leaders once the acquisition of 21st Century Fox is completed,â€ť said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. â€śUnder Alan Hornâ€™s leadership, Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm have reached unprecedented levels of creative and box-office success, and adding Foxâ€™s impressive film brands and franchises to our studio will allow us to create even more appealing high-quality entertainment to delight audiences.â€ť
â€śThe addition of these respected film groups under the umbrella of The Walt Disney Studios will create endless possibilities as we continue to deliver first-rate motion pictures to audiences around the world,â€ť said Mr. Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. â€śThis is an experienced group of executives, and Alan Bergman and I look forward to welcoming them to our leadership ranks upon completion of the acquisition.â€ť
Reporting directly to Mr. Horn will be:
- Emma Watts, Vice Chairman, Twentieth Century Fox Film and President, Production, Twentieth Century Fox
- Nancy Utley and Stephen Gilula, Chairmen, Fox Searchlight Pictures
- Elizabeth Gabler, President of Production, Fox 2000
Reporting to Mr. Horn and Ms. Watts will be:
- Andrea Miloro and Robert Baird, Co-Presidents, Fox Animation
- Vanessa Morrison, President, Fox Family
The executives will join Mr. Hornâ€™s existing leadership team that includes:
- Alan Bergman, President, The Walt Disney Studios
- Sean Bailey, President, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production
- Ed Catmull, President, Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Jennifer Lee, Chief Creative Officer, Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Pete Docter, Chief Creative Officer, Pixar Animation Studios
- Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios
- Louis Dâ€™Esposito, Co-President, Marvel Studios
- Kathleen Kennedy, President, Lucasfilm
- Ken Bunt, President, Disney Music Group
- Thomas Schumacher, President & Producer, Disney Theatrical Group
Disneyâ€™s acquisition of 21st Century Fox has received formal approval from shareholders of both companies, and Disney and 21st Century Fox have entered into a consent decree with the U.S. Department of Justice that allows the acquisition to proceed, while requiring the sale of the Fox Sports Regional Networks. The transaction is subject to a number of non-U.S. merger and other regulatory reviews.